Now that the CMC 2010 Kowen Forest Ride is confirmed as on the way, you will have a decision to make!
The 2010 annual Kowen 2 Day Forest Ride
is on Saturday and Sunday April 10th and 11th, 2010
in the Kowen Forest just north of Queanbeyan ACT
Are You Prepared to Punish Yourself and Thoroughly Enjoy It?
For those of you that don't know what the Kowen Forest Ride is ... well your missing out! This is a 2 day dirt bike ride in the ACT that has some of the hardest riding you will ever experience. To make it, you will conquer the "Blackberry Tunnel of Death" and the vicious "Lamb Chop Hill" just to name a few. There will be camping, music and a BBQ on the Saturday night which usually includes a few beers, a bonfire and some good conversations.
Food and catering will be provided onsite by Vietnam Veterans, please show your support by purchasing your meals from them. Coffee, cakes & ice creams will also be provided. BYO Alcohol, please no glass and remember you will be riding again on the Sunday ;-)
This year DSMRA (Dual Sport Motorcycle Riders Association) are giving away a 2010 Yamaha 450WR courtesy of Yamaha Australia and Canberra Motorcycle Centre. And that's not all ... 2nd prize is $1500 and 3rd prize is $500.
For More Information please contact:
There will also be great sponsors giveaways on the day including: tyres, bags and more.
Riders who are looking for a new bike will also appreciate the demo loop. An ideal opportunity to "try before you buy". This is simply a must for any rider considering an upgrade to their current dirt bike. Makes included are: Yamaha, Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki, KTM, GasGas, Husky and Sherco.
All riders with a valid motorcycle license and a registered dirt bike are welcome to come!!
Location: Kowen Road, Kowen Forest, ACT, just east of Canberra and 10 minutes north of Queanbeyan in the ACT. See Google Map Below.
Quick Event Overview
- Two Day Kowen Forest Ride
- Starts: Saturday April 10th Ends: Sunday April 11th
- Entry Fees (Download PDF Entry Details):
$135 single (includes 1 year DSMRA membership)
$155 family (includes 1 year DSMRA family membership)
$85 per additional rider
- $35 WR450 Additional Entry in the Draw
- Saturday Night Amenities & Entertainment
- Camping, Music, BBQ,
Bonfire, BYO Alcohol (NO Glass Please)
- Food & Catering provided by Vietnam Vets
Please show your support by purchasing meals from them
- Riders must be licensed and Dirt Bikes must be registered
- Dirt Bikes MUST have working light & brake light (bikes will be scrutineered)
- Riders will need to sign an indemnity form
- Location: Approximately 12Km east of Canberra, just northeast of Queanbeyan
See Google Map Below or grab the PDF Map
- Opportunity to Win a Yamaha WR450 , $1500 2nd Prize and $500 3rd Prize
- Entries Close Friday March 21st, 2010.
AND ... Don't forget your cameras!! This is a great opportunity to get some pics to enter Dirt Bike Australia's
2010 Dirtiest Ride Downunder Competition.